Now that it has been a few weeks since our wedding, I can think more clearly about what advice to give to other brides and bridesmaids. I was so emotional about everything for a while after the wedding...and admittedly even a little depressed it was all over.
Here are a few of my favorite things or the "Do's" I would suggest:
- Do spend the night before with family or friends. It was so nice to wake up at my parent's house and be able to relax that morning with them.
- If everyone is going to the same salon, go early and hang out while everyone is getting their hair and make up done. Plan for mimosas and brunch and just enjoy everyone.
- Have your photographer join for salon time. I think we had some great shots just hanging out together. Brandon and his guys played golf that morning and the photographer joined them for a bit as well! Capture every moment!
- DO have a person serving as your wedding coordinator. Even if you can't afford someone, have a friend that is organized help out. Ours was invaluable! She took the dresses to the venue and made sure everything ran smoothly for the wedding and reception.
- Do have someone video the wedding ceremony for you. Once I started down that aisle it is all a blur, so it was nice to watch everything and remember it all.
- If you are willing to buck tradition a tad, I would recommend having a special moment together before the wedding. For us, Brandon had my bouquet at the spot where we were getting married. I came out of the front doors of the Carrick House and met him there. It was so nice to see him and relax before there were going to be 250 eyes on us. We did all of our pictures before and it made us so at ease for the wedding.
- If you are having an outdoor ceremony, offer a beverage to your guests. We had tea and lemonade stations and it was a huge hit in the heat! We also had our programs printed as fans to help keep everyone cool as well.
- Brides - if you can get to a spot in the back of the ceremony to watch all the music and everyone be seated I would recommend it! Standing at the back watching it all come together with my dad is one of my favorite memories.
- After the ceremony have a spot to meet your bridal party before everyone goes into the reception. We had the Carrick House designate an area with drinks for everyone so they didn't have to wait in line. It was fun to hang out and take some fun pictures!
- Save your cake topper and eat it when you get home from the honeymoon. We hardly got any cake at all, so this was great! We are going to have a fresh one made next year for our anniversary:)
- Before you leave your reception, have your coordinator pull your parents out first to a special area so you can properly say your thank you's and good-byes.
I have WAY more Do's than Don'ts, but I will share those next week!