With Sex and the City premiering this week, we couldn't resist posting the uber-fabulous bridal shower thrown this past weekend for one of our Twirl Talk fans, Meagan, in New York City.
The event began with a mystery text instructing the bride to go home and look in her closet. There she found a little black dress, hot pink accessories, and instructions to await her transportation that would arrive at 5:30pm.
- Guests' stiletto'ed invite asked them to don the apparel of their favorite SATC character and a "costume contest" was later held, with the bride acting as judge.
- Upon arrival, guests were instructed to select name tags indicating which SATC-character they most identified with: Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda
- Hot pink and black were the colors of the evening
- Flirtinis and cosmopolitans were the signature cocktails of the evening, served in hot pink martini glasses
- Table centerpieces were comprised of black feathers, hot pink hydrangeas, and "diamonds"
- A pink-and-black New York City skyline cake was baked using the Magnolia Bakery recipe and was adorned with a Manolo Blahnik and pearl necklace
- The Sex & the City Movie soundtrack was playing throughout the evening
- Guests received copies of the Sex & the City Movie DVD as prizes for the night's various games
- The bride received a SATC-themed gift from her bridesmaids, which included a gift bag for each character... each filled with character-appropriate lingerie (think conservative and classy for Charlotte; leopard print for Samantha)
What an amazing group of friends Meagan has - I think Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte would approve!