Friday was my very first wedding shower! My dear friend Hillary and her mother hosted "A Taste of Tuscany with Ty" at the best Italian restaurant in Lexington, Portofino. It was only appropriate for Hillary (8 months prego, BTW) to host an Italian themed party, since her family is Italian.
Upon entering the cozy Wine Room, the centerpieces featured bright fuchsia flowers and grapes in a clear round bowl with wine corks in the bottom. Each arrangement had Italian wedding wishes on a card as well. The place cards were all placed in wine corks as well and had Italian sayings on them. We all enjoyed a fabulous dinner and then devoured the favors of Italian kisses, chocolate covered grapes and Italian Confetti for dessert!
I must admit it was quite strange to be the one finally in the spot light opening the gifts and having pictures taken...but it was too much fun!! The generosity and love you feel from your friends and family is amazing. Hillary and Mary certainly outdid themselves and pulled off the perfectly planned shower.
Bridesmaid Tips that will make your shower outstanding:
- Select a theme and stick with it. It will help you stay consistent and make everything memorable.
- Purchase thank you notes for the bride so she is prepared to send them immediately following the shower (Hillary even addressed them all for me!)
- Have someone write down all the gifts and who they are from so the bride has it all together for thank you notes.
- Do not go overboard on the shower games. We just did one for the door prize...if anyone wants a copy I am happy to send:)
- Take a small hostess gift to show your appreciation for the person having the shower for you. It does not have to be anything fancy...just thoughtful.
- Send your thank you notes as soon as possible! This is very important and appreciated by everyone. They don't have to be long, just to let them know you appreciate their generosity.
- Savor every minute of this time!!